bernie walsh drawon

bernie walsh drawon

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Thunderbirds are go

Sad to hear today of the passing of one of the creators of science fiction and what the future could be like that started me on my future career.
Gerry Anderson .....
He and his wife Sylvia inspired millions of us kids around the world. I was only about 8 when I first made a model of Thunderbird 2, created by Gerry and designed by Derek Meddings see some of his original sketches....unlike thunderbird 3 thunderbird 2 was really unique and very creative for its design concept even influencing the concept  design for the prometheus ship.Gerry created such series as UFO, Fireball XL5, Supercar, Space 1999, Captain Scarlet, Thunderbirds and my favourite feature film when I was a kid Doppelganger
Gerry you were one the first futurist incredibly creative your mind will be missed ...Cheers Bernie Walsh




No comments:

Post a Comment